Welcome to our bLoG. Here's a sneak peak at the Buitelaars^3.....Harvie, Jackie & Adrianna.

December 14, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...


Let's start with the most important...Christ's birth. Thanks to my Aunt Cindy's present to Adrianna last Christmas, we took out from our "Christmas" bins this little "play" cloth nativity scene. I tried to "explain" it to Adrianna...here is how Adrianna understood it...

Oh, these cloth figures, I think I will try tasting it...
Oh, and the stable, this is what I can do with it! Maybe next year I will try telling her the story again...

Oh Christmas tree, Oh Christmas tree! Protecting the tree from a curious toddler takes creativity.
.


But she finds her own creative ways to get close to it!



What a sight it must be for a little one, to have a real tree in the house.


A visit with Santa...

Harvie's work has a "family" Christmas party every year. This year it was up at Grouse Mountain. He ventured out with Adrianna, a diaper bag, snowsuit and accessories, stroller, courage and patience to the party without me. I had this semester's final class and had to miss the great event. Looks like it was fun...so much to see and do! A taste of Mr. Winter Wonderland.




Lucky for me, Mr. Winter Wonderland made a visit this past Sunday. Yes, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

Where's the baby?




Christmas tree is decorated. Presents are mostly bought, some are even wrapped! Our winter village is up. Christmas cards were sent. I hope the cards find their way to your home. May you find the peace, joy and hope of Christ in your hearts. Oh, come Emmanuel!

2 comments:

Nancy Skeels said...

Love the snow pictures! Unfortunately, I don't like driving in it ... but that's the beauty of being home with the kids, if I don't want to go out, I don't have to. We loved your Christmas card - thanks for that! It's got a place of honour on the fridge.

Buhler family said...

How much fun is Adri having (and her parents too). We are looking forward to seeing you this weekend.

Mini-Harvie or Mini-Jackie?

Mini or not-so-mini?

Ahead or Behind Schedule?

Hair?